OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Monday, August 08, 2005

:: Vain-pot ::

I was out with Jason and Ee Leen yesterday to MidValley for lunch right after my gym session..
Twas a quick lunch and since it's still quite early before my next appointment (meeting my S'porean friends.. at 8pm), so we went to shop abit.. yeah.. abit.. since I wanted to buy that eye-cream for my puffy eyes since May.

Anyway, I've been getting complains (comments...) from frens bout my deteriorating complexion and the fine-lines on my forehead is getting worse. It never really hit me till someone actually said I look haggard last two weeks ago.. Arrghh!!.. can't take it anymore.. age is taking its toll on me pre-maturedly.. and knowing what I do for a living.. its time to do something..

Walking around MidValley.. We went to inquire around for the perfect eye-puffy-dark-circle-care product. I almost died when I heard how much 'La Mer' was selling their eye-cream.. MYR500!!!!.. fuckin' crazy.. they should change their name to "Lamer" instead.. yeah.. tat's in English.. (for your info, that cream thingy is smaller than the Perodua's Kancil gearknob!)

Suddenly something struck me.. That Biotherm Homme range looks cool..

The sales girl was very helpful.. She's quite good at it as well.. Helping and advicing on what I'll need and on top of that she even wrote a formula for me on how to take care of my skin.. (using their products of course). To cut the story short.. I ended up buying:-
  • Biosource - Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • Biosource - Clarifying Lotion
  • Age Fitness Power 2 - Utra smoothing concentrated 1st signs of aging essence
  • Hydra Detax Yeux - for my puffiness dark circles - Moisturizing and Detoxifying
  • D - Stress - Concentrated Anti-Fatigue & Energy Booster Gel
  • Source Thérapie - Concentrated Tissue Mask - for Instant Hydration
  • Happy Legs - Icy Leg Gel for toning and contouring (free)
In total I spent MYR350 on cosmetics.. ON COSMETICS!! gawdddd... and to think, I was only looking for an eye-cream..

Oh yeah.. since I bought so many things at once..(a total accumulation of 350 in one receipt) I'm now a proud member of the Biotherm Club.. (point system thingy..) great marketing gimmick..

wait.. how do I use the essence again??..

12 Comments:

Blogger Edwin Ng said...

yeah.. blame the haze..

10:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY LEGS??!!!


Edwin...tsk tsk tsk

12:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

y dun you try garden of eden products......works for loads

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Syrope said...

shucks i wanna comment on HAPPY LeGS too but someone beat me to it haha..

But seriously, how did she manage to sell that product to you as well.. the rest of the products i can understand...

She must b one 'power' salesgirl

12:17 AM

 
Blogger izchan said...

I have given up on the fact that I am not going to be able to look like crazy cruise.

So since I am not going to be the sexiest guy in the world, all I do is use a facial wash to clean away my "aging" lines.

but on a serious note. I doubt any amount of cream is going to clear me of my "worry" lines. my job just took a turn to the "busy" so more white hairs and cursed lines on my forehead.

12:22 AM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

HAhahaha!!!.. Ok ok.. time to reveal the "Happy Legs" story..

First of all it's free..

Secondly, it's actually a product for runners.. Yeah.. I do lotsa cardio.. (bout 12km/week) She said it'll soothe & relaxes the leg after a long run cause it's mentholated..

Sorta like "cool runnings" :)

1:00 AM

 
Blogger izchan said...

you mean, you use it prior to your engagement on the altars?

I bet thats what the lady a year back used before she started doing the "Runaway Bride" thingy.

Cool runnings indeed ... Jamaicans need no use of these stuffs. They have natural smooth skins.

1:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's refreshing to see a guy take care of his appearance, and hey, the products are made for men and women. Enjoy - let's see the results when they happen

6:40 AM

 
Blogger Shizumi said...

Yah, truly metrosexual!

Heard Biotherm is good, eventho I have not really used it before.

Happy using!

:P

10:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed...I think its more for people that want sexy legs rather than soothing aching muscles..note the "countouring and toning" !!!

And ed...I want to go partee this weekend with you...please prepare your sexy legs ok.

5:58 PM

 
Blogger izchan said...

oh ... sexy legs ... :)
Thats your new name hence forth. :)

Edwin "Sexy Legs" Ng.

I can promote that.

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

Gawd.. I shouldn't have blogged it down..

now my middle name is 'Sexy Legs'.. ~~Thanks Iz..

Yeah Mili this weekend.. but I won't be wearing shorts.. dun even think!

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home