OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Friday, July 22, 2005

:: Bon Odori ::

This is the day.. where families and friends gather around to celebrate the Japan Ghost Festival a.k.a. Bon Odori in M'sia @ Matsushita Stadium, Shah Alam..

Albeit "it's" (the celebration of this festival) presence in Malaysia for more 29 years, many still doesn't know it's existance. How come eh?..

Anyway, this is my third time attending this event, the last one I was at was probably 6years ago.. Many of my friends who knows bout this thingy-machingy stop attending after they left high-school..

It's normally a school initiative for the students to attend something as cultural as this.. Thus, there're many many many kids around the stadium that evening. I actually felt old.. and was telling Jia-Li who was with me "I think the average age in this place is 10years old"...

As far as I see this opens up an opportunity for them schooling-kids to meet the opposite sex.. Eye-candy event for both sexes. This explain the un-explainable dressing "costumes" and make-ups I see that evening.. It's even more extreme than those you see in clubs.. I kid you not!

Anyways, this event is held annually on mid of month July this time it was on the 16th... Here's some of the photos...



Gather around now boys n gals.. Hey!! Where's Wally?


Hey.. I think we're in Japan..

Other than some really colourful drum performances and dances.. its' quite amazing to see how the youngsters trying really hard to dress-up to "look japanese"... damnit.. you're chinese.. be proud!!..

Sighh... they failed miserably.. as the following picture would answer why...


Super La La Chai!!!.. Look at his hair!.. Ngeh Ngeh Ngeh!!

Nonetheless, I'd enjoyed myself at this place for bout 1.5hours before I left.. and saying this famous quote to myself.. "budak budak zaman sekarang.. Haih....!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Syrope said...

Totally never heard of this festival before!! But looks fun...

Reminds me of this "festival" which I hear is conducted annually at my friend's neighbourhood in Masai, JB, called "xin1 guang1 xia4 de4 xuan2 lu4" It's supposedly a major matchmaking session disguised as some sing-along session too...

6:14 PM

 
Blogger izchan said...

星光下的旋律。
Thats what you are looking for.

and yeah ... never knew that kind of party existed ... :)

But would not be too surprise ... we are afterall malaysia ...

the biggest racial cook pot in the world.

5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home