OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Friday, March 10, 2006

:: History reRerepeats Itself ::

I have this friend that I met, his name is Woon. The way we get to know each other is quite a story. We were both in this PS2 competition that was held at the center court of MidValley 2 years ago. It was a Tissot MotoGP competition, in conjunction with the MotoGP that was held in Sepang.

So there we were, competing against each other.. there were 3 sessions in each day and so happen that both of us are listed to race one after another most of the time, and thru mutual hobby and competition spirit we became friends in the battle field.

I never doubt his ability to be amongst the top 5 few who qualify for a prize (which was quite worthwhile; Tissot watch). I was struggling even to qualify the timetrial, till the last final moment I was shivering cause the crowd that was watching me playing the game was god-damn-alot!

Thru sheer luck, in the last game of the last hour I managed to clocked at position three and cause Woon is placed at 5th position he was pushed down by the previous 3rd placing & 4th placing.

There I was, feeling both happy and sorry at the same time.. Till today, Woon still joked about me owing him a Tissot watch..

From then on.. there were many games & competition that we were both enrolled into, mostly held in the shopping complex.. i.e. the dodgeball competition, times square treasure hunt, initial-D competition, etc.

On last Sunday, 5th March.. Woon called me to go to 1Utama new wing, cause there was this F1 challenge by Shell was going on. It was of course PS2 competition, to drive the F1 game thru the San Marino track.

The first thing that I noticed was, the timing on the board and the name..
"1) Woon Feng - 4m15sec"
"2) Malay dude - 4m18sec"
"3) Malay dude2 - 4m19sec"

So I try my luck on that day. I think I was around 4m22sec on the first round, and it was very hard for me to even break the 20sec barrier.. HOW?! does he do it??!

After couple of tries and couple of advices from Woon (who was there to see who can beat his time..) I managed to land myself into the top three (2nd placing) who will be eligible to be in the finals... (i finally got to know how he cut thru the shortcuts in the track.. hahahah!!..)

So there I was in the finals.. (no shortcuts were allowed..!!) the third placing will get to go first, a Malay dude. He ended with a very good timing, 4m19.965sec.. I was second in the list.. 4m19.132sec.

WooHOo! I beat the Malay dude!! .. then Woon's turn, I was hoping he will win it.. Honest!

but.. he did 4m19.655sec..
Yup.. Woon is gonna kill me again..


This time the prizes aren't as lucrative as before, I got a Ferrari Cap (seen on the picture) and a bottle of Shell Semi-Syn motor oil.. no prize money also.. shitty.. and I tot got GP ticket.. but anyway.. I shouldn't complaint.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL so terror ah you.

4:31 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

abit la abit.. :)

4:17 PM

 
Blogger izchan said...

they did not give you shell petrol voucher ah?

petrol expensive lah today ... :P

9:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

powderful flirt U! tsk tsk tsk

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

no voucher la.. blardyful..

3:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home