OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

:: Dear 2006 (part deux) ::

4th Jan:- Things seems to be better now after we have planned out the things we (my family) need to do to make the house a much safer place to be in. Not to mentioned, I have sleepless night for the first few days after the incident. I just don't feel safe anymore even it's in my own room..

I guess apart from losing those things, the most heartache of all are those important documents, pictures and files that I've kept thru-out these years has vanished into the open space. Now that's a real pain..

The mission today, to research on the PCs and laptop pricing at Low Yat. It's easy for me to do this chore as my office is just next to it. Thus, I went to my fav. shop PC Zone at 2nd floor.. Customization of PC are one of my specialty :)

This is what I got for my sis's new PC:-

3.2GHz Pentium 4
Intel D945P Motherboard
1Gb DDR2 SDRAM
300Gb WDigital w. Serial ATA2
HSI ATI X1600Pro 256DDR3 video card
Enlight 400w power source with Pretorian Aluminium casing
Samsung DVD burner (salvage from my old PC)

All in for about 3k.. a good deal I think..

My dad on the other hand in-charge of finding the best vendor for home security systems. I guess this incident does shut my mum's disagreement when we proposed this idea to her since years ago.. to get a home security system. Her excuse? It's too noisy.. not stable.. easily triggered.. yada yada..

5th Jan:- I'm to pick up the new PC after my work was done then my mum called saying she's already in Low Yat waiting for me with my sis. After grabbing the PC we went on hunting for Laptop.

We found her same old (not that old..) laptop at the Toshiba counter and also at PC Zone. Comparing prices and specs we decided that PC Zone still offers a better deal, thus it is so.. Got her back her old (still very good specs.. comparing many) Laptop.. the 'Toshiba Satellite M40'

This is the best part.. whilst walking back out to where my car was parked, my feet brought me into the MacAsia shop. This is where we saw the new 20" G5 was being displayed. For the love of iMac, I introduced my mum and showed her a few nifty application on the iMac.

She turned to me and asked.. "you lost your comp as well rite?"
Ed: "Yeah.." (eyeing on the G5 with fingers tapping on the 'mighty mouse')
Mum: "How much is one of this thing?"
Ed: "Hello there!? How much is this?" - asking the store assistance who's standing nearby..
S.Asst: "17" is 5599 and this 20" is about 7899"
Ed: "Do you still have stock for the 17"? Can we see it?" (a probing questions since my mum is still quiet).. evil me..
S.Asst:"Oh so sorry, we're out of stocks.."
Ed: "Wah.. so sellable ah?" (another hint to my mum..)
Mum: "No discount meh?" (WoooHoo!!.. mum is buying it!)
S.Asst:"Sorry, it's fixed price.. but if you buy today then we can give our Christmas promotion.. Today is the last day"
Mum: "But you don't even have stock.."
S.Asst: "Oh.. you can put deposits, and we'll treat this as today's sale. The Christmas promo includes: a free software (ThinkFree Office), a 256Mb Pen Drive and also a keyboard skin"
Ed: "How much? your deposits?"
S.Asst: "about 300?"
Mum (whispering to me..): "I'll buy it for your usage now.. but you pay me back ok?"
Ed (unstoppable grin): "I have 200 here.. will you take it?"
S.Asst: "er.. okay.. I think should be allrite.. Thanks"
Ed with smiley face to Mum: Ya Ya Ya!!...

WooHoo!!.. I believe I can fly!!.. I believe I just bought a G5!!..

Well, I guess it's a blessing in disguised cause just two blogs ago, I did mentioned about the computer spoilt and cause of my 19" LCD I might not get the G5 but MacMini instead. But now my 19" LCD has been stolen..

8th Jan:- Joanne Ying has gotten me a very nice number for my old phone.. (+6012 215 **03), she's been complaining bout my "ugly & un-recallable" number. I always say to her.. since you say ugly go get me a nice number la.. summore say work in Maxis..

Finally she did.. gave me a list of 10 numbers on the night before and I choose this:- (+6012 2233 552). It was quite hard for me to leave my old number cause it has been with me for as long as I started to own a mobile phone.. say 7yrs?!

I will blog more about this phone number changing problem next.

9th Jan:- Went to Yuet Meng's farewell party @ her new home in Armani Terrace, D'sara Perdana.. Damn nice place!!.. Met up with few old friends like Chin Roo, Patricia, Brandon, Phillip, Serena C, Eric, Harris and the rest..

Too bad she's only gonna be only staying there till 16th before moving on to Perth. Gonna miss you and Jonty badly!..

10th Jan:- I called MacAsia to check on my G5 arrival, I was told by a reliable source about few days ago that the model has stock shortages worldwide. To my surprise, the iMac is ready for collection!.. Without hesitation, I quickly bathe and rush out the house.. HoorRay!

Thus, are the story of my 10 days in this new 2006..

p/s: not knowing how to work a Mac is a real issue.. Thanks to Johnson's for all the help!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There, what did I say, You lucky thing.
A real blessing in disguise my friend.
Yeah, the pain of losing your prized possessions over to some sick twisted robber. But hey, you lose some, you gain some.
Don’t worry boy, if they catch the fella, I’ll help you pepper spray him.

3:31 AM

 
Blogger izchan said...

So are you using the new number or the old one?

Should I drop you a sms?

or do you need more back rubbings? :P

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

Kim: Thanks!

Iz: Am actually using two numbers.. you can get it frm Hazel. :) Back rubbings will do great! Ahahah!!..

5:06 PM

 
Blogger izchan said...

there is a line forming in my place for backrubs ... you r number 426.

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hocus: That's utterly appalling. Is your friend recovering now?
These crazy people are really disgusting. Otak-tak-center.
Edwin was really fortunate then. He’d better thank his lucky stars for his family’s safety.
Edwin: did u see the 'edifier' speakers & woofer at Mac Asia?
Looks damn canggih man.

2:29 AM

 
Blogger johnsonteoh.com said...

Good on you man :) enjoy the mac, you'll learn to love it.

2:03 AM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

Oh yes Kim.. saw the edifier.. looks good but the perfomance is average onlie.. :(

Hocus: Dashboard (MAC) = Konfabulator (PC).. Had the software on my PC last time :)

Thanks for the concern guys.. :) I feel much better now..

4:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home