OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

:: Wazzup ::

Lately I've noticed that we don't really say "hello" or "hi" or norm greetings to people we are close to. Instead we greet them using a simple slang like "wassup?!" Of course it comes in many different ways as well.. "heyyy.. wasssupp..", "wassup bro!..", etc etc.. you get the idea..

Thru curiousity, a search thru Wikipedia concludes this:-

Whassup? was a catch phrase used in a TV/radio commercial campaign for Budweiser beer in the early 2000s. The ad campaign became wildly popular all over the world, and a full blown pop culture phenomenon. The phrase itself is an alteration of the phrase "What's up?".

Phrases like this are used most widely by guys greeting another guy. Lately though I'm experiencing more and more females are "wassup"-ing.. I use it all the time, and everytime after I verbalized it.. I'll smile deep inside knowing that it's something that we do so naturally and in essence that simple word summarizes as "How are you doing?"

Last but not least, if you haven't already notice.. we normally do it with a "secret" handshake that involves the thumb and a swiping motion of the four fingers across each other's palm.. which to my surprise it is being done in the States as well.. just watch some teen movies i.e. The O.C..

Another chapter in human evolution they say..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home