OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

:: Horrorz ::

There's been raves and raves of horror movies on cinemas these days.. I just don't get it.. Is horror movies making alotta money? What fun are they? Personally, I think that horror movies somewhat crap..

Again, like I said.. I don't get it.. Ppl rushed in it to get scared the hell out.. if it's not scary enough, they complain. What tha? As if it's not enough stress to go about our daily life, what's the thrill of horror flick that'll add up to it?

Look at the cinemas nowadays.. almost 80% of them movies are horror based..
Let's start with the 060606.. the Omen, then we have multiples of horror flick continues.. I remember looking at MidValley's "now showing" 5 out of that 6 posters are of horror based film.. If you don't believe me, go take a look.. I saw it couple of days ago..

Once you turn to that cinema listing page on the paper.. one of the biggest film ad are most likely to be of horror..

List of horror flick I could recall that plays on recent screens:
Omen
Stay Alive
Black Night
Shutter
Reincarnation
Emily Rose
Pontianak Harum
Pontianak Menjerit..

Upcoming...
Dorm
Re-Cycle
An American Haunting
Lady in the Water
Voice
Beneath Still Waters
Ghost Train

They have comedy induced - Scary Movie 4

Action packed - The Pirates of the Carribean 2 (which i don't mind watching at all..)

They even have Computer Graphic types - Monster House

If you give it a count.. in a month there will be an average of 10 new movies and almost half of it are of horror.. the rest would be either comedy, drama, romance, cartoon or action.

...why?

2 Comments:

Blogger izchan said...

Dont forget "Pulse"

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

Yes.. and that!

3:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home