OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Saturday, July 09, 2005

:: Tioman - part triax ::

All in all the whole sand and sea at Tioman has made me lost interest... I was thinking to myself, well.. since I've paid for it.. I'll try my best to enjoy the whole trip.

So, I was on the journey myself.. feeling rather silly (not to mentioned .. i look quite "sad") travelling all alone. The silly feelin' are amplified when I notice there's some gals noticed me (overheard their conversation and giggles). That has bring me to my first mission once I step my foot on this island - "Search for the Singaporeans" - utmost priority! dowanna look S.A.D.

After rounding the island and asking several workers there, I found out they were staying in chalet 'L1' & 'L2' , and they went back already!... Was pretty scared myself cause there's not a mobile signal for Maxis! I'm virtually unreacheable.. and so are they. Decided to ask the front-desk on their room bookings, and was told they [might be them/might not be] (i wasn't sure who booked the room.. thus I gave only some description of them both, am not sure how many pax were they with as well!) still have one day left. Thank GOD!... proly they went out to dive - consulting myself. Which was quite true.. after a short nap, I found them loitering near the scuba-center at bout 430.. bout 3 hours after I arrived. You have no idea how happy I was when I saw them.. at one time I even thought that the whole trip was a mean joke and they were never there..

The rest of the trip was quite fun actually, the next day I went to snorkelling which previously I didn't wanna go ( had bad experience with choppy-water - makes me sick ) but I went instead... since it's included in my 555 package.. Twas quite a nice trip actually, which I made frens with the three girls that were previously giggled at me going to Tioman alone; they saw me with my frens at yesterday's dinner. Guess what?! They're Singaporeans (Lisa, Jun Jiat, Amanda) as well.. Being in my job has helped me to approach people with ease. I even made frens with the boatman, the tour-guide (Allan) and some Swedish tourist (Adina & frens) who were on the same boat with me.

The day went off so quickly, we got back at bout 130pm and right after I was done sun-tanning with some of my new S'poreans frens and Shermae the sky started to darken and pour like krazy.. twas bout 5++ It looks like those 'tsunami video' watching from my chalet towards the sea. Loud wind and Loud drops of water muffling our TV in the room even!.. We stayed in till bout 8, I was hungry but it was still pouring slowly, but no big matter our tummy was controlling our limbs now and in no time we arrived at the restaurant.


Me .. and my burned nose

This is proly the funniest moments (well.. not literally), On our table, we sat down and ordered one vege dish and for me I asked for my dinner (which was included in my package). SLan and Shermae then ask them to cook the seafood (all in all for RM12) which they bought earlier in the day. Finally our table is filled with these dishes:-
1) Two soya braised fish - about the size of a 600ml mineral water bottle for one fish
2) Five flower crabs - each the size of a CD!
3) KaiLan in Oyster sauce - serving size for 3pax
(my package... )
4) A large bowl of soup - serving size for 2pax
5) Sotong with Gulai - size for 2
6) Chicken with some vege - size for 2

All these for 3 of us...excluding our drinks... I feel that many eyes were on our table that dinner.

The next day, I heard that my Swedish frens are going for a 'Discover Scuba' - where they will give you a crash course on how to dive within one hour and brings you out to the sea for a try-out. I was thinking ahh.. wat-tha-hell.. let's see what's so great about diving!... I can tell you, I got hooked!!!!! and it's the best experince in the whole trip..!! Ahh.. am so so so gonna take the bloody license!

I did manage to sqeeze some time since my ferry would be at 12noon and luckily I woke up at 8 as well. It was a great experience where I get a first hand experience on wat it was like, eventhough the water was quite murky, the pressure on my ears was quite unsettling and the sea-current was damn bloody strong. I enjoyed... nuff said. Managed to drag SLan and Shermae along as well.. but they snorkel and I dive..

12noon.. ferry arrives.. and I'm on my way home.. back to civilization, but not before I caught some interesting road-kill travelling back from the Bdn Muadzzam Shah strech towards Kg. Kikir. Total road-kill: Three - 1) A Cattle (damn sad... :~() 2) A Komodo-Dragon 3) A Snake (quite a long one as well...)

A slow and nice drive... back to modernity and pollution, maniac drivers and hectic schedule... ahhhh... my home...



Shermae


Sheau Lan


My Chalet.. top left only...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home