OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

:: Tioman - part deux ::

This was a relatively nice trip, I won't say it's the best I had but it was good enough.. most definately its due to the frens that I was with.. Shermae and SLan. (I refer them as to 'my singaporean' frens) but quite funnily both of them are Malaysian citizenship but staying on the fully-fibre-optic-southern-island... (yeah.. am still jealous of their 6Mbps internet connecktion!!)

Basically, we've planned for this trip for quite sometime already.. supposedly to be Bali, but due to cash constrain and yada yada.. we decided on Tioman instead. For me, it was my first time in going to Tioman as well.. so I thought 'what the heck!' My Singaporean frens are meeting me up on the island cause they will be going there one day earlier for their diving test or something like that.. And I'm to meet up with them when I reached on Sunday the 3rd.

Thought of flyin to the Island.. and the trouble is.. money again.. (checked with Berjaya Air it's MYR400++ for return!) - my accomodation for 3d2n is only MYR555. So I decided on driving... not a bad choice after all. Although I'm alone.. this is NOT the bad thing.. the most fucked up part was I forgotten to bring my camera!!! HOW COULD I!!??.. anyway its a done deal.. have to rely on my vga camera on my O2 then...

The travelling time to Tanjung Gemuk takes about 3.5 hours depending how you drive of course.. My first time going thru those kampung roads with twist n turns took me 3 hours exact! including some mistakes (took the wrong turning)I made during the drive. Yeah.. I was speeding.. very very fast.. I left Sg.Besi Toll @ 9am sharp and reached Tg.Gemuk @ 1155am. - a word of advice.. DO NOT TRY THIS... EVER! - averaging 150km/h.

The route I took was from Sg.Besi Toll - Senawang Toll - Kuala Pilah - Bahau - Kg Kikir - Bdn Muadzzam Shah - Tg. Gemuk. ... Sounds damn secluded eh?.. well IT IS!.. but it's really a very nice drive (xcept at night.. dun try pls) over that 310km of rural roads.. the scenery and all.. its quite the surprised the road is very well maintained. To those Initial D movie lovers.. the road from Senawang to Kuala Pilah.. Looks exactly! and i mean exactly! drafted out from the movie itself.. along with the gutter besides the road with uphill n downhill twists.

Okay, after that agonizing 1+hours in that bloody ferry.. I've arrived to the island.. first thing to notice, it's the sand.. ewww... it's yellow!!! damnit..

to be continued...


The long kampung path frm Jetty to PBResort


Paya Beach Resort

1 Comments:

Blogger izchan said...

your O2 pics looks good.

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home