OK, you've all got blogs, so I'm creating one of my own, to sit, unvisited and unloved, like a forgotten grandparent, collecting dust in some home and, unnoticed... So now that I'm off on the right foot...

Monday, May 16, 2005

:: The Prodigy of May 2005 ::

This is a continuation... in the month of May... The 'oh-so-beautiful-fifth-month' of the year.

Here I am, sitting in One Utama's Coffee Bean, sipping on a regular blended of Pomegranate Blueberry whilst trying to ignore the fact that I can't log on to blogspot.com back at home.

Think I'm cursed on this month or something. Coming back to the story, the day right after I blogged about the mis-haps that happened this month, my computer went CooCooNuts.. (well not literally.. but it does ticks me off..)

If some of you who visited my friendster page, you'd know what happened. My browser (both I.E. and Firefox) refuses to load those webpages that I visits very often.. (friendster.com & multiply.com are exempted.. Thank God!)

Some of the websites that really irritate the hell out of me (cause it DOESN'T load...) are: google.com.my, yahoo.com, blogspot.com, dictionary.com, ask.com, download.com, apple.com... and the list goes on and on..

Tried lotsa way to fix the problem, (Deleting cache/history files, Defragmentation, System Checks, Virus/Trojan scans, AdWare/Spybot scans, Registry scans.. etc etc) all these to no avail.. and now i'm at the brink of formatting my HDD. Yes.. it's that bad.. coming from an IT background myself, I do know what's the problem but yet I can't fix it. It's a real heartache.

What's the problem you asked.. Well it's a Spybot (search web kind...) This is just a common logic sense telling me.. What IT does is blocked all the 'search' sites i.e. google.com and then it directs you to some fucked-up 3rd party sites that offers some web-search.

The Spyware/Spybot/AdWare Scans are useless piece of crap.. Even if the definitions are updated! They found the problem, quarantined and deleted the file. The next time you log-on, the same shit (spywares) appears again and again.. Everytime I run the AdWare Scanner, I find the same bloody problem again... Sighh..

Is there a soul out there that could help me before I reformat the HDD? This May prodigies has really thought me a thing or two.. Life's is never easy (here I go again.. hahahaha!!!..).. Be it either it's organic nor even non-organic, carbon nor non-carbon form.

3 Comments:

Blogger MoJo Jo-Jo said...

My dear... I am sure things will be better. Take it easy. It's a bad month.. which month is 100% good anyway. It have been a bad month for me as well...

8:29 PM

 
Blogger izchan said...

Dude, you need to be more specific. Whats the name of the search site that it keeps pushing u to?

Go to the netcafe, do a google on the name of the site plus the word spyware or spybot, you should be able to get a list of instruction on how to permanently remove it from your machine.

A side note, you should probably install some of the windows updates as well, as some of the spy bot is actually installing itself by scanning for known windows loop holes.

I would stay away from XP service pack 2 for a while more before installing it, as it forces alot of security setup to surface, and practially locks the entire machine from the world.

Unless you are very much in the mood to re-configure your security measures, else stay out of it for a while longer and see if the patches work for you.

hope this helps.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Ng said...

Thanks for the comment dude,

Now i'm not too sure it's my machine or it's just TMNet.. It's really funny, cause If it's my machine's virus then why my sis's comp can't surf that page as well? (we're sharing our home-wifi)

Another weird thing also is, when i logged on my home wifi network with my laptop, it doesn't load those pages as well.. NOW currently i'm in Starbucks Standard Chartered (with my laptop of course) and I can log in to any site I want.. Hmmm?... wonder why eh?

They fuckin' hacked my router?.. Mah Hai...

3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home